I am very excited to say that I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award…Thank you Hye Joon Kim / Diane for nominating me, it is very kind! Her blog, itsheyjune has a fantastic mix of blog posts and is definitely one to check out here.
This is my third blogger award nomination and I am really grateful as it is such a good way to get to know other new bloggers and give new bloggers, like myself a boost with their blog. However I am sure you are all sick of hearing about me at this stage ha!
For those who I have nominated, here are the rules of the Sunshine Blogger award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked…I have detailed them below.
- Nominate other bloggers, making sure to let each one know that they are nominated.
- Ask the nominees 11 questions of your choice.
Diane had put the following questions to me so if you are interested settle down with a cupa and find out more about me!
1. What motivated you to start your blog?
This might sound so cliche but over the post year my interest in makeup has continuously grown and I have enjoyed reading the blogs of others to gain a consensus before buying some products. From this and my ever growing makeup collection I decided that maybe, just maybe I could publish my thoughts and opinions. I have been loving it so far and hope that people enjoy reading what I have to say.
2. What was your first ever blog post about?
My first post was in February of this year and can be found here. It took a look at three of my every day foundations at the time:
1. L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24H Matte Foundation
2. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
At the time, my favourite of the three was L’Oréal’s offering, however now that the summer weather has hit I am really loving Rimmel wake me up foundation for a dewy fresh look.
3. Favourite eye shadow palette?
I don’t even have to think about this as I use this palette pretty much every day and can create so many complete eye looks using just the shadows in this one palette. This amazing palette is the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon palette. Not only does it smell like chocolate (what more could a women want??), each shade is of first class quality and the colour selection is great! I have reviewed it here a while ago if you would like to check it out.
4. Books vs. Movies?
Depends on my mood, if I’m feeling lazy a film is always good!
5. The lipstick you used the most so far during 2016?
Jouer lip creme in Dulce de Leche. It is impressively long lasting and the colour is perfect for spring summer. You can check out my blog post here for more details:
6. If you could describe yourself with a perfume/fragrance, what would it be?
I am really not a perfume person, I wear it on a daily basis but as long as it smells nice I’m happy!
7. What’s the most expensive makeup product you own? What’s the cheapest?
The most expensive product I own would be an Inglot eyeshadow palette which I had so much fun making. You are able to select the eyeshadows yourself and I ended up with both my arms completely covered in swatches (and my little sister’s too). The shadows are of great quality and as I selected the shadows I could pick shades that I didn’t have anything else like. I’d definitely recommend doing this!
The cheapest product I currently use would probably be Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Matte-Lip stick. Since buying two shades I have been wearing them a lot and they only cost £3.50 each.
8. If you could meet one person throughout all of history, who would it be?
This is a very difficult question as there are so many famous and influential people who have made a real impact on our lives and the world. However, I am going to say my Great Granny as my Granny is such a sweet and generous woman and I would love to have met her mother.
9. If you could have a makeup product named after you, what would it be and in what shade?
I’ll go for a lipstick, as a lipstick can dress up a whole look and it would have to be an understated but glamorous pink, called gracefully pink!
10. What’s the most interesting/unique makeup look you’ve done?
I am not the most adventurous when it comes to makeup. I contour, use various bold lipsticks etc. but I wouldn’t say that any of my looks are adventurous or unique. Recently I have really concentrated on my eyeshadow and love creating different go to looks for every occasion.
11. What is your favourite word?
Now for the fun part…my truly deserving nominations for this award are:
- http://www.justbuttonsblog.co.uk Sarah started blogging in May of this year and is a glamorous mummy to be. Check out her blog which is already so professional!
- https://barebeautyni.wordpress.com/home/ Erin is a fellow Northern Ireland blogger, and is an experienced makeup artist.
Please check out their blogs and give them some love!
For both of you I am going to keep the same 11 questions Diane asked me!
Sarah and Erin, I hope you enjoy completing this nomination.
Finally I’d like to say thanks again to Diane for the nomination, I really appreciate it!
Have a lovely week everyone!
Being Graceful Blog xx