June 2016 has been a busy month and included a holiday to France to watch football and visit Disneyland Paris but there are some products which have stood out as my favourite products of the month. This is my first ‘Favourites’ post so I’m going to lay down some ground rules for myself…each time I complete a favourites post I am only going to select five makeup / skincare items and I will always include another random favourite.
1. This month I have found a real love for gel liner…how did I not find this before? It is amazing…like actually amazing. I have been using Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in the colour 01 Black which stays perfectly all day, much better than most liquid eyeliners I’ve tried and when used with a good eye liner brush is really easy to apply! I have been so impressed and am now a gel liner convert. You can purchase the eye liner I have been using for only £7.99 here but take my advice and use a proper eyeliner brush and not the brush that comes with the gel.
2. My second favourite will not be a surprise. I really love this eyeshadow palette and bring it everywhere…my Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon palette. Definitely a must have in my book. I’ve been wearing it for months now and haven’t got bored of it yet.
3. Soap & Glory Love at First Blush Highlight & Sculpt Cheek Stick is a fantastic glowing cream blush. It is not overly pigmented so I alway top it off with a powder blush but believe me this will up your blush game!
4. With warmer weather throughout spring and now summer I have been loving Rimmel Wake me up Anti-Fatigue foundation. It provides a dewy base for the glowing look I have been trying to ‘rock’ this summer. It has an impressive wear time and I feel it is good for my dry skin. Big thumbs up from me evidenced by it being repurchased!
5. My final makeup related favourite of the month is my Zoeva makeup brush set: the Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Set Volume 1. I have a complete review on the brushes which you can check out at the link below (including lots of pictures).
My final favourite of the month has to be Paris…a beautiful city which has come through or is trying to recover from so much heartache in the recent past. I really enjoyed my trip there and plan to do a full blog post in the near future but as a sneak preview the atmosphere at the football match I attended (Northern Ireland v Germany) was electric…the Green and White Army as we call them, did Northern Ireland proud.
What are your monthly favourites? What products should I try next?