I’m a little behind with the times with this product but I love it so much that it deserves a review! I have seen so many people using the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit palette and I was persuaded to purchase it after all this time as after the original hype calmed down, YouTubers are still using the product in their makeup tutorials.
Oval brushes are everywhere right now…if you haven’t saw these brushes (which look kind of like a toothbrush or a hair brush) you mustn’t have checked your Instagram for at least 3 months. There are some very pricey brushes, such as the Artis brushes which I have yet to try but was delighted when I was offered this set from My Makeup Brush Set. I kindly received the 10 Piece Black and Gold Oval Brush Set which as you can see from the pictures are very pretty. They are currently available on the website for £29.99 here.
Each brush is made of synthetic hairs which are extremely soft. There are five brushes that are the oval shape, three with are more oblong and two small circular brushes. I have used the oval shaped brushes mainly for applying foundation, bronzer and blusher. The oblong shaped brushes are mainly for eyeshadow and eye liner, however I’m not a fan of this sort of brush for applying eye makeup, I prefer more traditional brushes. The circular brushes are for applying lip products, eye shadow and concealer. I am not a fan of these for normal lipstick but think they are great for spot concealing!
The brushes I use for foundation and blush etc. blend beautifully however I do feel that they use a little more product than my other makeup brushes, I had to use a more product to get the same coverage…nothing major but I did notice it.
Another thing to note is that the larger brushes don’t feel very sturdy so when using I felt that I needed to be careful not to break them. None of the brushes have broke but I do think that they could easily snap.
Overall for the price, the brushes do bend beautifully and you are getting ten brushes, however from all the brushes I have only used four regularly. They are very pretty and come with a draw string bag.
Have you tried these brushes or any other from My makeup brush set?
Being Graceful xx
Yay…I was kindly nominated for the Liebster Award again…thank you Amelia from the blog Rosetintedpics…check out her blog out here. You will find great posts and beautiful pictures.
The Liebster award was created to give recognition and awareness to bloggers and to help others find new blogs to follow and love. It is a real honour to be nominated!
If you accept this award there are a few rules (don’t worry they are fun):
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate deserving bloggers for the award.
- Ask 10 questions to your nominees.
So I’ll start with the ten random facts about me!
- I am completely addicted to pokemon go…I love it. It brings back so many childhood memories.
- I have a large mad family!
- My favourite takeaway is chicken curry and fried rice…a way to a ladies heart ha!
- Since starting my blog I have found a love of taking pictures…nothing overly arty but for my Instagram. I’d really appreciate it if you check out my page here.
- I talk a lot!!
- I spend WAY too much on makeup…no shock there for a beauty blogger.
- I have the cutest dog.
- I have started playing tag rubgy…it is great!
- I regularly have ice-cream for breakfast when I’m off work or at the weekends.
- At the minute I am watching House back to back.
Amelia asked the following questions:
- What’s your favourite ice cream flavour? Ice cream flavour definitely depends on the brand I’m eating…at the minute probably Maud’s mint ice-cream
- Do you have a hobby? Blogging is my hobby…I’m so glad I started it.
- What’s your star sign? I’m not a believer in star signs if I am honest, however I am Virgo
- What’s your most used app? Instagram definitely!
- What’s your favourite food? I have two…sweets and chocolate!
- What’s you favourite film/movie? Difficult question…probably Hercules the Disney film…love it!
- Who’s your favourite celebrity? David Beckham…has been since I was a young girl!
- Do you have any siblings? Yes, I have 3 sisters and 2 brother, big family!
- What’s your must have essential? Difficult question…probably my phone.
- Why did you start blogging? I love makeup and wanted to share my thoughts…if anyone wants to hear it! Plus it is a good distraction from the tougher aspects of life.
Bonnie at https://queenofthegirlgeeks.com
Gracie at https://gracieandcolour.wordpress.com
Heidi at https://heidihearts.wordpress.com
The questions I have for you are…
- Why did you start blogging?
- What has been your favourite post to date? Link it below so we can all enjoy!
- Who is your favourite blogger?
- What is your favourite pastime?
- Lipstick or mascara?
- Books or films? For whatever you have picked…what is your favourite?
- What is your favourite pastime with the exception of blogging?
- Where would you most like to visit in the world?
- Have you any pets?
- What is your most used makeup brand?
Finally, thanks again for the nomination Amelia! I hope you all enjoy completing your nomination. For everyone reading this, thanks for reading and please leave a comment answering one of the questions.
Being Graceful xx
I love getting home from work and having my Birchbox waiting for me once a month; it makes me smile and this month’s definitely didn’t disappoint. In fact I think this has been my favourite box so far and it happens to be a collaboration with Mille Mackintosh.
I totally jumped on the band wagon and searched high and low for an Elle magazine (Bella Hadid edition) purely to get my hands’ on the free gift; Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil. I had given up hope (after visiting at least 8 shops) and when getting water in the airport there it was…lots of them just sitting there. I rushed over and started trying to see through the plastic wrapper to get the best colour for me. The magazine came with two colours…number 2 (for blondes) and number 6 (for the brown haired among us). When I found a number 2 I was off straight to the till feeling very chuffed with my find.
Then I couldn’t believe my luck when I saw this month’s (July) Marie Claire with a sample of Benefit Ready, Set, Brow! clear brow gel.
June 2016 has been a busy month and included a holiday to France to watch football and visit Disneyland Paris but there are some products which have stood out as my favourite products of the month. This is my first ‘Favourites’ post so I’m going to lay down some ground rules for myself…each time I complete a favourites post I am only going to select five makeup / skincare items and I will always include another random favourite.
The constraints of holiday makeup is a real issue, especially when you only have hand luggage. I have just returned home from the Euros supporting ‘wee Northern Ireland.’ I only had hand luggage so choosing what makeup to take was a real challenge! How do I take all I need / want but still fit my clothes in? Today I’m going to tell you what makeup made the selection!
I think it is fair to say that Zoeva Brushes have taken the Instagram world by storm…that is where I first found the brand and fell in love with the stylish and quality design of their brushes. For reaching 1000 followers on Instagram earlier this year, I was treated with the Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Set Volume 1, so today I’m going to tell you all about this very pretty set!